What are “prophetic declarations?” Are they biblical? The prophetic received a black eye after the election. Because of it, some now run from anything that says “prophetic.”
That is simply throwing the baby out with the bathwater. What I’m talking about is the difference between foretelling and forthtelling.
“Prophecy” can be foretelling or forthtelling. Foretelling is describing in advance what is to come whereas “forthtelling” is calling out things that are not as God desires and praying into a godly future, as described in God’s promises found in Scripture. We are instructed to do this—to align our words and prayers with His promises.
Stay with me.
Rather than continuing to repeat the negative news of the cancel culture, what if instead we spoke out what scripture declares? What if we called America to align once again with godly values? That is what we pray, is it not? So, what if we began to speak that out as a declaration over our land? For those reading from other countries, for your land?
So how do we make those prophetic declarations?
A dear reader emailed recently to say, “There’s been enough false prophets and prayer groups with a desire to turn a nation around that clearly God is moving in the complete opposite direction which is aligning more with His word.”
Aligning more with His Word? That isn’t correct at all! What does the Bible tell us? The direction America is going is completely in the opposite direction of His Word. That is how we know that we need to continue to pray for a turn-around, not just say, “This must be His will.” Because His will never contradicts His Word.
I recognize that in the end times that we will see persecution. We will see evil seem to conquer light. But nowhere in the Bible does it tell us that we take our hands off the wheel and just let it happen.
When our nation’s leaders call for death of the unborn, shut down of churches and silencing of pastors, for parents to have their authority stripped, for homosexuality not only to be legalized but celebrated and given protected status, none of these align with scripture.
SEE ALSO: It’s Time to Plunder the Enemy’s Camp
That’s how we know clearly, God is not for what is taking place.
If He were, then He would have to contradict Himself—which He never does.
The Word of God carries within its DNA the power to create. God simply spoke the world into existence. He called the light day and the darkness night and it was so.
He called for a separation of the land from water and it was so. God did that over Abraham when He called him a “father of many nations” even while he had no children. “God, who gives life to the dead and calls into being things that do not exist” (Rom 4:17).
Abraham figured that out and began to do the same as he declared by faith to his servants, “Stay here with the donkey while I and the boy go over there. We will worship and then we will come back to you” (Gen 22:5). How could he say that, when he knew he was to go up to sacrifice his son on the altar?
SEE ALSO: DANGER! Are We Infected?
The Lord told Ezekiel to prophesy to the dry bones. “And He said to me, ‘Prophesy concerning these bones and tell them, ‘Dry bones, hear the word of the LORD! This is what the Lord GOD says to these bones:
I will cause breath to enter you, and you will come to life. I will attach tendons to you and make flesh grow upon you and cover you with skin. I will put breath within you so that you will come to life. Then you will know that I am the LORD’” (Ez 37:4).
So instead of repeating and cementing to our nation the negative, cancel culture words spoken to create a future of destruction over our land, instead let’s speak out what the Word of God says as we speak life into the dry bones of America.
- We declare that the righteous will once again be in authority in America, so that the people will rejoice. We say that America WILL fulfill her destiny and return to her foundation as “one nation under God” (Prov 29:2).
- We declare that America will not be aligned with a “throne of destruction” which refuses to align with You or honor You. We declare that those who devise mischief by decree and band themselves together against the life of the righteous, those who condemn the innocent to death, that this will NOT be America’s future, and that they will be removed. We pray instead that America will value and protect life, righteous decrees and Truth. That America will honor You and that Your glory would cover the earth as the waters cover the sea (Ps 94:20-22, Hab 2:14).
- We declare that righteous men and women will flourish and that they will not be removed or censored for standing up against unrighteousness (Ps 93:12).
- We declare that as righteousness and justice are the foundation of Your throne, so they will be the foundation of America and our government once again. RESTORE righteousness and justice O Lord. We declare that godly men and women of integrity who honor You and who will make righteous judgements and decisions, will be restored to places of authority (Ps 89:14).
- We declare the angel of the Lord encamps around all who fear You and rescues us from evil men. Lord deliver us from unrighteousness and evil. We declare that America is blessed because we take refuge in You. We declare that unrighteous judges and leaders would be exposed and cast out of their places by Your mighty hand (Ps 34:7-9).
- We declare that You are our refuge and strength, a very present help in time of trouble, therefore we will not fear. May the spirit of fear that has been poured out upon our land be uprooted and no longer be a controlling force in our nation. (Ps 46:1-2).
- We declare that You will redeem, our soul and our nation in peace from the battle which is against us. For there are many who strive with us (Ps 55:18).
- There are many who fight proudly against us, but we declare when we are afraid, we will put our trust in You. In God, whose Word we praise. What can mere man do to us? (Ps 56:2 & 4)
- Woe to those who enact evil statutes and to those who constantly record unjust decisions to deprive the needy of justice. We declare restoration of our leaders as in days of old and our rulers as at the beginning—for those who fear and reverence Your name. (Is 10:1, Is 1:26).
- We declare that the yoke of the burden of unjust taxes, “relief” bills that drain our nation, ungodly mandates and shut downs to close places of worship will be broken from our neck and our shackles torn away” (Is 9: 4, Nah 1:13).
- We declare that we will run and not be weary. We will walk and not faint. That you have sent Your Word to heal us and deliver us from our destructions (Is. 40: 31, Ps 107:20).
- We will arise and shine and declare Your light has come and the glory of the Lord has risen upon America. For behold darkness will cover the earth, and deep darkness the peoples, but the Lord will again arise upon America and her people and His glory will appear upon us and nations will come to the Light. We declare REVIVAL, repentance and restoration in our nation to a country that honors You (Is 60:1-3).
- We declare that Your Name will not be profaned any more. And the nations will know that You are the Lord. Behold it is coming and it shall be done (Ez 39:7-8).
Lord, we repent for when our words have been destructive and have not aligned with what You have said. Help us to be watchful of what comes out of our mouths, for it will shift what is in our heart and our world. As we declare Your Word, we thank You that You said Your Word will not return to You void, but will accomplish that which You please and prosper in the thing it was sent forth to do.
What declarations will you prophesy over your home, family and workplace today to align your words with His?
Want to read the first chapter of “INFECTED: How to Stop the Global Spread of Rage, Deception and Insanity” for free? Click here for a free sample.